from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to stir.
- n. A person who stirs something.
- n. A person who spreads rumours or causes agitation.
- n. One who stirs or moves about, as after sleep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, stirs something; also, one who moves about, especially after sleep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who stirs; especially, one who is active or bustling.
- n. One who stirs or agitates anything, as a liquid, with the hand or an implement for stirring.
- n. An implement or a machine used for stirring a liquid or the like.
- n. One who incites or instigates; an instigator: often with up: as, a stirrer up of contention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who spreads frightening rumors and stirs up trouble
- n. an implement used for stirring
Sorry, no etymologies found.