from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to stir.
- n. A person who stirs something.
- n. A person who spreads rumours or causes agitation.
- n. One who stirs or moves about, as after sleep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, stirs something; also, one who moves about, especially after sleep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who stirs; especially, one who is active or bustling.
- n. One who stirs or agitates anything, as a liquid, with the hand or an implement for stirring.
- n. An implement or a machine used for stirring a liquid or the like.
- n. One who incites or instigates; an instigator: often with up: as, a stirrer up of contention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who spreads frightening rumors and stirs up trouble
- n. an implement used for stirring
Sorry, no etymologies found.
They want this college grad to follow in their dad's footsteps and work as a "stirrer" for Honex, where all the bees in New Hive City have worked for millions of years, without a single day's vacation.
Inside the inner kettle is a "stirrer," a revolving arm attached at right angles to a vertical shaft.
The apples should be put on to cook as early in the morning as possible and cooked slowly over not too hot a fire, being stirred constantly with a long-handled "stirrer" with small perforated piece of wood on one end.
And even today nobody, besides that TOI piece that happens to have a number of other movies perhaps critically acclaimed but hardly a s "stirrer" of any kind in its era.
Henry Wang Mugs www. henrywangmugs.com) has, amongst other bar items, a shaker with a "stirrer" in the bottom.
To overcome this, Mr. Muntner inserts a thin straw — a hollow coffee-stirrer works well — into the hole.
By Darkman, February 17, 2010 @ 11: 28 am wanna be a professional shit-stirrer and this is the blowback ..
Ma and Grace and Mary Catherine like to think Tessa is the Chief Trouble Maker, but Tessa sees Pa knows: Yllis is a pot stirrer.
Nasim tapped a plastic stirrer against the tabletop.
Yummy leaned over toward me with the stirrer from her drink still between the lips of her peach-glossed mouth.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.