from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who given a choice of outcomes, believes the worst is more likely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who advocates the doctrine of pessimism; -- opposed to
- n. One who looks on the dark side of things.
- adj. Of or pertaining to pessimism; characterized by pessimism; gloomy; foreboding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who accepts the metaphysical doctrine of pessimism, in either sense.
- n. One who exaggerates the evils of life or is disposed to see only its dark side; one who is given to melancholy or depressing views of life.
- Same as pessimistic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who expects the worst
Sorry, no etymologies found.