from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person who wins the bidding and so declares what suit will be trump.
- n. One who declares.
- n. A statement that declares the properties of a variable or contributes to doing so.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes known or proclaims; that which exhibits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes known, proclaims, or publishes; one who or that which exhibits or explains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who claims to speak the truth
- n. the bridge player in contract bridge who wins the bidding and can declare which suit is to be trumps
Sorry, no etymologies found.