from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of screech; one who screeches.
- n. A bird of the former category Picariae, distinguished from the songbirds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which screeches; a screamer.
- n. Specifically, in ornithology:
- n. The swift, Cypselus apus. Also screamer, squealer.
- n. plural The Strepitores.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who communicates vocally in a very loud voice
Sorry, no etymologies found.