from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who roars.
- n. One of a group of young men who would carouse in taverns, then pick brawls on the street for entertainment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, roars.
- n. A riotous fellow; a roaring boy.
- n. A horse subject to roaring. See Roaring, 2.
- n. The barn owl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which roars.
- n. Specifically— A noisy, riotous person; a roaring boy or girl. See roaring, p. a. [Old London slang.]
- n. One who shouts or bawls.
- n. A broken-winded horse. See roaring, n., 2.
- n. Same as bull-roarer.
- n. A gas-well from which, a large quantity of gas flows noisily.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who communicates vocally in a very loud voice
roar + -er (Wiktionary)