from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. pertaining to monody
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to a monody.
- adj. For one voice; monophonic.
- adj. Homophonic; -- applied to music in which the melody is confined to one part, instead of being shared by all the parts as in the style called
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In music, pertaining to monody or homophony; homophonic. Also monophonic.
- In biology, along a single path: used by Giglio Tos in the phrase monodic development to express his peculiar conception of biological ontogeny. See polyodic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a single vocal part
monody + -ic (Wiktionary)