from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman flight attendant. See Usage Note at -ess.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female steward
- n. A female flight attendant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A female steward; specifically, a woman employed in passenger vessels to attend to the wants of female passengers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female steward; specifically, a woman who waits upon women in passenger-vessels, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman steward on an airplane
Sorry, no etymologies found.