from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A young plant that is grown from a seed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. which is a seedling (see below)
- n. A young plant grown from seed
- n. Any young, especially
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant reared from the seed, as distinguished from one propagated by layers, buds, or the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant reared from the seed, as distinguished from one propagated by layering, or from a budded or grafted tree or shrub.
- Produced from the seed: as, a seedling pansy.
- n. In forestry, specifically, a tree (grown from seed) which has not reached a height of three feet. See tree class.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. young plant or tree grown from a seed
seed + -ling (Wiktionary)