from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flowering plant with two embryonic seed leaves or cotyledons that usually appear at germination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant whose seedling has two cotyledons.
- n. Any plant in what used to be the Dicotyledones.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant whose seeds divide into two seed lobes, or cotyledons, in germinating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant which produces an embryo having two cotyledons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flowering plant with two cotyledons; the stem grows by deposit on its outside
From di- ("two") + cotyledon ("embryonic leaf"). (Wiktionary)