American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of a group of plantlike organisms showing no differentiation into stem, root, or leaf, including the algae, fungi, and lichens, formerly regarded as constituting a major division of the plant kingdom.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the subkingdom Thallophyta; one of the lower cryptogams.
- n. botany Any of a large number of plants that consist of a thallus only, with no flower, leaves etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) A plant belonging to the Thallophyta.
- n. (Bot.) Same as Thallogen.
- n. any of a group of cryptogamic organisms consisting principally of a thallus and thus showing no differentiation into stem and root and leaf
- thallus + -phyte (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘thallophyte’.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
Looking for tweets for thallophyte.