American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Made or shaped with or as if with a chisel: a finely chiseled nose.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Worked with a chisel, or as with a chisel; clear-cut; statuesque.
- Shaped like a chisel: as, a crowbar with a chiseled edge.
- v. US Simple past tense and past participle of chisel.
- adj. US, of a face Having strongly defined facial features.
- adj. Having well-developed muscles with minimal bodyfat.
- adj. having a clean and distinct outline as if precisely cut along the edges
“Now, in-your-face religious conservatives want the phrase chiseled in front of us at court, at work and in our kids' schools.”
“Sure as I am that there’s a condo of sorts waiting down at the cemetery with my name chiseled on the mailbox.”
“As well as being a handsome fellow chiseled from the same fine stock as myself, this fellow glutton and vomiter-upon-the-backs-of-the-people is - like Congress - merely a (albeit rotund and disgusting) puppet who embraces only those ideals his corporate masters instruct him to embrace.”
“Anyway, our narrator is Sarge (Alan Van Sprang) a tough, determined, and grizzled Guardsman chiseled from the mold of Colin Farrell.”
“He never wanted his name chiseled into a hospital facade or put on a plaque.”
“When he joined the Confederacy, he was entitled to have his name chiseled off, the traitor.”
“Davis was secretary of war under President Franklin Pierce when the bridge was started and therefore was entitled to have his name chiseled on it.”
“She knelt on damp ground and stared at the name chiseled on the granite headstone.”
“One of them, liked to played pranks, their name chiseled in perpetuity - the Shenanigans.”
“She deserves to have her name chiseled along the greats who have contributed positively to the Castle legacy in the Halls of Lee.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chiseled’.
Describing appearance and physique. More quantitative than qualitative/comparative. Can be used to sum a person up one-wordedly. (Still working on the definition of what I want in this list.)
Random words. Mostly coming from the book of I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Six's Legacy
Looking for tweets for chiseled.