from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. A European plant (Aster linosyris) having narrow sessile leaves and dense corymbs of small, bright yellow, discoid flower heads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person with golden hair, especially a girl with long hair.
- n. A goldilocks aster, Aster linosyris.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as goldylocks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of buttercup.
- n. A book-name for cultivated species Chrysocoma, composite plants from South Africa, with heads of yellow flowers.
- n. The Linosyris vulgaris, a native of Europe, resembling goldenrod, with small heads of yellow flowers.
- n. The filmy fern, Hymenophyllum Tunbridgense.
- n. The moss Polytrichum commune.
- n. See goldilocks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. early-flowering perennial of southern and southeastern Europe with flower heads resembling those of goldenrod
Middle English goldi, golden (from gold, gold; see gold) + locks, pl. of lock2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
See gold and lock. Goldilocks is a traditional children's story and its protagonist. (Wiktionary)