from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A poem consisting of a single line.
- n. A single line of poetry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a poem consisting of a title and a single line
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A composition consisting of one verse only.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A single or isolated verse; also, an epigram or a poem consisting of but one verse.
- Consisting of a single line or verse.
Sorry, no etymologies found.