from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A subatomic particle that has a large mass and interacts with other matter primarily through gravitation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Acronym of weakly interacting massive particle.
- Acronym of window, icon, menu, pointing device. (a GUI paradigm)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy
- n. a hypothetical subatomic particle of large mass that interacts weakly with ordinary matter through gravitation; postulated as a constituent of the dark matter of the universe
w(eakly) i(nteracting) m(assive) p(article).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)