from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly Southern & Midland U.S. See johnnycake. See Regional Notes at johnnycake, light bread, pone.
- adj. Informal Folksy and homespun, as in manner or speech: a penchant for cornpone humor; cornpone political prose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of cornbread made without milk or eggs.
- n. Something or someone considered stereotypical of rural, Southern US attitudes or attributes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cornbread often made without milk or eggs and baked or fried (southern)
From corn + pone. (Wiktionary)