from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A six-legged arthropod of the class Insecta (formerly Hexapoda); an insect.
- adj. Of or belonging to the class Insecta.
- adj. Having six legs or feet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any organism or being with six legs.
- n. An arthropod with six feet; a member of subphylum Hexapoda.
- n. An insect.
- adj. Having six feet, six-footed; belonging to the subphylum Hexapoda, hexapodous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having six feet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having six feet, as any adult true insect; specifically, pertaining to or having the characters of the Hexapoda; hexapodous.
- n. One of the Hexapoda; a true six-footed insect.
- n. Also hexapode, hexapodan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an animal having six feet
From New Latin Hexapoda, class name : Greek hexa-, hexa- + New Latin -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)