from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of six offspring born in a single birth.
- n. A group or combination of six associated by common properties or behavior.
- n. Music A group of six notes having the time value of four notes of the same kind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of six objects.
- n. One of a group of six persons or animals born from the same mother during the same birth.
- n. A group of six notes played in the time of four.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A union or combination of six things: as, a sextuplet of elliptic springs.
- n. In music, a group of six notes to be performed in the time of four; a double triplet. Also sestole, sextole, sextolet, ete. Compare triplet, decimole, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of five and one
From sextuple (modeled on triplet).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)