from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of six offspring born in a single birth.
- n. A group or combination of six associated by common properties or behavior.
- n. Music A group of six notes having the time value of four notes of the same kind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of six objects.
- n. One of a group of six persons or animals born from the same mother during the same birth.
- n. A group of six notes played in the time of four.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A union or combination of six things: as, a sextuplet of elliptic springs.
- n. In music, a group of six notes to be performed in the time of four; a double triplet. Also sestole, sextole, sextolet, ete. Compare triplet, decimole, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of five and one
Respiratory issues, cerebral palsy (two of one recent sextuplet birth ended up with cerebral palsy), birth defects, sensory disorders and death.
The Pennsylvania brood known as the Gosselin Gang (a set of twin girls along with their sextuplet siblings) has made millions, but the kids will likely never live down their public exposure on The Learning Channel series that bears their name.
Lesson learned: You CAN get your pre-sextuplet body back.
She famously received a free tummy tuck on television, as seen in the video below, because of the tremendous amount of extra skin her sextuplet pregnancy left her with scroll for photos.
She famously received a free tummy tuck on television, as seen in the video below, because of the tremendous amount of extra skin her sextuplet pregnancy left her with (scroll for photos).
The children are the first surviving sextuplet birth in Arizona, and all but one weighed less than 3 pounds.
"I hope she doesn't sell Aaden," said Jon, referring to the adorable sextuplet with glasses.
As the whole family celebrates the sextuplet ` s fifth birthday, Jon speaks out about the problems in their marriage.
By the way, Kate's posted a sextuplet birthday message on our blog.
I mean, you know, the publicist that took this, as you said, pro bono - she took this because she has seen so many cases in the past where, you know, you have these sextuplet or octuplet stories on the news and they ` re done with such care.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.