from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A group of three lines of verse, often rhyming together or with another triplet.
- n. Music See triplet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a three-line stanza in a poem
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A triplet.
- n. A triplet; a group of three lines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, same as triplet.
- n. In poetry, a group of three riming lines; a triplet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
French, from Italian terzetto, from diminutive of terzo, third, from Latin tertius; see trei- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)