from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Strong alcoholic liquors, such as whiskey or gin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong distilled alcoholic liquor or whiskey
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any type of strongly alcoholic beverage prepared by distillation of an alcohol-containing fermented material.
- n. strong alcoholic liquors, as brandy, rum, whisky, etc., obtained by distillation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. strong distilled liquor or brandy
First attested 1471, from its inflammability; see etymology section of ardent. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.