from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Relating to or resembling silver; silvery.
- noun Silver.
- noun Any of various silvery metals.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to or resembling silver; silvery; argent.
- [capitalized] Of or pertaining to the Rio de la Plata (Sp. plata, silver), the estuary of the rivers Paraná and Uruguay in South America, or the country called from it the Argentine Republic or Confederation, or Argentina.
- noun A silvery-white slaty variety of calcite, containing a little silica with laminæ usually undulated, found in primitive rocks and frequently in metallic veins.
- noun The tetroxid or antimoniate of antimony.
- noun The silvery coloring matter of the scales of fishes.
- noun A fish of the family Scopelidœ or Maurolicidœ.
- noun White metal coated with silver.
- noun [capitalized] A citizen or an inhabitant of the Argentine Republic.
- noun Metallic tin in a state of fine subdivision, precipitated by zinc from a dilute solution of a tin salt: used for tinplating and for printing upon paper and cloth.
- noun A gold coin of the Argentine Republic, equivalent to $4.824.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Min.) A siliceous variety of calcite, or carbonate of lime, having a silvery-white, pearly luster, and a waving or curved lamellar structure.
- noun White metal coated with silver.
- noun (Zoöl.) A fish of Europe (
Maurolicus Pennantii) with silvery scales. The name is also applied to various fishes of the genus Argentina.
- noun A citizen of the Argentine Republic; an Argentinian.
Argentina; in this sense, usually preceded by the.
- adjective Pertaining to, or resembling, silver; made of, or sounding like, silver; silvery.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the Argentine Republic in South America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Containing or resembling
- noun Any
osmeriformfish of the genus Argentina, especially the European argentine, Argentina sphyraena.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of various small silver-scaled salmon-like marine fishes
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of Argentina or its people
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Yes | No | Report from matt wasson wrote 5 weeks 4 days ago we went yesterday ... 3 inches at lobdell lake in argentine, mi cought 2 fish and a great time eatng in the shanty!
All Replies from matt wasson wrote 5 weeks 4 days ago we went yesterday ... 3 inches at lobdell lake in argentine, mi cought 2 fish and a great time eatng in the shanty!
Finely scaly varieties with a pearly lustre are known as argentine and aphrite (German _Schaumspath_); soft, earthy and dull white varieties as agaric mineral, rock-milk, rock-meal, &c. -- these form a transition to marls, chalk, &c.
It begins in sufficiently startling fashion; a single gentleman of easy fortune and amiable disposition, putting his latchkey in the door of his chambers one night, is touched and accosted by an interesting young person with an "argentine" voice.
Is there a significant difference between an argentine and a Guatemalan?
The argentine Mausers are prized they were not many made.
A visibly ailing Bogart plays Eddie Willis, a down and out sportswriter hired by mobster Nick Benko (Rod Steiger) to promote an argentine contender.
Would be quite funny. at the time it was said that it was bottled up in port as the argentine navy was afaird it would be sunk as soon as it left port.
I guess we know how Sanford will spend the fourth of July - by himself, lighting off "argentine firecrackers" (in his memory).
Greetings from an argentine teenager who wants to become a translator in the future.