from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Free of pathogenic microorganisms: aseptic surgical instruments.
- adj. Using methods to protect against infection by pathogenic microorganisms: aseptic surgical techniques.
- adj. Lacking animation or emotion: an aseptic smile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Free of disease-causing microbes.
- adj. Used to protect against infection by disease-causing microbes.
- adj. pasteurised.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not liable to putrefaction; nonputrescent.
- adj. free from pathogenic microorganisms; sterile.
- adj. lacking emotion, human warmth, or excitement.
- n. An aseptic substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from the living germs of disease, fermentation, or putrefaction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. free of or using methods to keep free of pathological microorganisms
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Drosophila in aseptic culture3; and the chance contamination of one of our cultures of Drosophila with a particular bacterium - we were able to isolate the v+ hormone in crystalline state from a bacterial culture supplied with tryptophan4, and with A.J. Haagen-Smit to identify it as kynurenine5, originally isolated by Kotake, and later structurally identified correctly by Butenandt.
If you or somebody you care for takes the anticonvulsant drug lamotrigine (Lamictal and generic), you should be aware that in rare cases it can cause inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain and spinal cord, a serious condition known as aseptic meningitis.
If you or somebody you care for takes the anticonvulsant drug lamotrigine Lamictal and generic, you should be aware that in rare cases it can cause inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain and spinal cord, a serious condition known as aseptic meningitis.
This was due to the introduction of the so-called aseptic theory so widely prevalent to-day, of which the chief prophet in 1885 was
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline Plc's anti-seizure drug Lamictal can cause a brain inflammation known as aseptic meningitis, U.S. health regulators said on Thursday.
And expect more breakthroughs in "aseptic" packaging, the same technology that's brought Americans long-lasting juice boxes for kids.
~ -- This is a table of the "aseptic" type, composed of steel tubing, nickel-plated or enamelled.
Active and intelligent packaging, coatings, packaging design such as aseptic innovations along with non-thermal and aseptic processing are all leading examples of what the group terms as a disruptive technology.
RGH global activities span the globe, although the company's latest annual report says its principal competitor, TetraPak has a "significantly higher" share of the global "aseptic" packaging market, used for packaging food, beverages and pharmaceuticals than RGH.
In some cases, the virus can cause a more serious brain infection such as aseptic meningitis or encephalitis.