from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The width-to-height ratio of an image or of the area used to display an image. Most widescreen televisions have an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- noun The span-to-mean-chord ratio of an airfoil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Aëronautics) The ratio of the long to the short side of an aëroplane, aërocurve, or wing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The ratio of an object's longest
dimensionto its next-longest dimension.
- noun The ratio of width to height in a flat surface or 2-dimensional abstract construction, such as an
image, character, or pixel. 4:3 (or 1.33:1) is the standard ratio for NTSC video. 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 are the most common aspect ratios for motion pictures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the ratio of the width to the height of a tv picture
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
aspect + ratio
Sorry, no example sentences found.