from The Century Dictionary.
- To discourse as an atheist.
- To render atheistic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb rare To discourse, argue, or act as an atheist.
- transitive verb rare To render atheistic or godless.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To render
- verb intransitive To become
Sorry, no etymologies found.
So where's the corresponding movement to "atheize" the census?
This were, indeed, to degrade and atheize all history and all life; and such is the necessary tendency of that criticism which rejects all immediate Divine influence.
Once you abandon whatever it is you think needs abandoning and atheize your self, you can finally live free of the morals and values you don't like, in favor of the ones you do - its all the fun you always wanted, reason free!