from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To secure the release of an arrested person by providing bail money.
- v. To remove water from a boat by scooping it out.
- v. To rescue, especially financially.
- v. To exit an aircraft while in flight.
- v. To leave (or not attend at all) a place or a situation, especially quickly or when the situation has become undesirable.
- v. To sell all or part of one's holdings in stocks, real estate, a business, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove (water) from a boat by dipping and throwing over the side
- v. free on bail
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.