from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To
securethe release of an arrestedperson by providing bail money.
- verb transitive, nautical To remove
waterfrom a boatby scoopingit out.
- verb transitive, idiomatic To
rescue, especially financially.
- verb intransitive To
exitan aircraftwhile in flight.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic, slang To
leave(or not attend at all) a place or a situation, especially quickly or when the situation has become undesirable.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic, colloquial To
sellall or part of one's holdingsin stocks, real estate, a business, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb remove (water) from a boat by dipping and throwing over the side
- verb free on bail
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.