from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A roll of paper money.
- n. Informal One's ready cash.
- transitive v. Informal To underwrite the expense of (a business venture, for example).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A roll of banknotes or other paper currency, carried in lieu of a wallet.
- n. The monetary assets of a person or organization.
- v. To fund a project; to underwrite something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the money carried on one's person.
- n. one's total supply of money; funds.
- transitive v. To pay the costs of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a roll of currency notes (often taken as the resources of a person or business etc.)
- v. provide with sufficient funds; finance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
If you're gambling bankroll is $1500, then you'd need a 94.5% chance for an even bet.
Through a typographical error in our announcement cards the word "roll" might lead us to think that Canada's bankroll is at stake.
I guess that proves he’s an impostor, or that public funding is worse than the bankroll from the utilities.
Playing within your bankroll is a key to poker success.
As a gambler this really means that you need to pay attention to not just your odds of winning, but also to your bankroll: betting a substantial portion of your bankroll is a good way to go broke even when you've got a considerable advantage!
Highlights -- Epstein agrees ads will never "bankroll" console game development, but believes the potential in online gaming is just beginning to be tapped.
Consumer and environmental advocates oppose these changes -- but they don't have the same kind of bankroll at their disposal.
Any concerns about giving up that kind of bankroll at this point in your career?
Indeed, the whole idea of a "bankroll" is informed by this concept -- that the money with which you play is a tool, a means.
That fact alone likely limits the CONs interest in me, as they are the only party with the kind of bankroll to delve into all this subterfuge.