from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Twisted strands of fence wire with barbs at regular intervals.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Twisted strands of steel wire, often coated with zinc, having barbs evenly spaced along them; used to construct agricultural and military fences.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. a wire, or a strand of twisted wires, armed with barbs or sharp points. It is used for fences.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. strong wire with barbs at regular intervals used to prevent passage


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.