from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A bar with adjustable weights at each end, lifted for sport or exercise.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A bar of steel with a ball of iron at each end, used as a dumb-bell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A bar to which heavy discs are attached at each end; -- it is used for weightlifting exercises.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun weightlifting A wide steel bar with premeasured
weightsaffixed to either end, with the central span open for the hands of the weightlifter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a bar to which heavy discs are attached at each end; used in weightlifting
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[bar + (dumb)bell.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.