from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The concept of perfect beauty.
- noun An idealized type or model.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A mental conception or image of any object, moral or physical, in its perfect typical form, free from all the deformities, defects, and blemishes accompanying its actual existence; a model of excellence in the mind or fancy; ideal excellence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A conception or image of consummate beauty, moral or physical, formed in the mind, free from all the deformities, defects, and blemishes seen in actual existence; an ideal or faultless standard or model.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Nonstandard spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
French beau idéal, perfect ideal.
Sorry, no example sentences found.