from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who believes; especially regarding religion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who believes; one who is persuaded of the truth or reality of some doctrine, person, or thing.
- n. One who gives credit to the truth of the Scriptures, as a revelation from God; a Christian; -- in a more restricted sense, one who receives Christ as his Savior, and accepts the way of salvation unfolded in the gospel.
- n. One who was admitted to all the rights of divine worship and instructed in all the mysteries of the Christian religion, in distinction from a catechumen, or one yet under instruction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who believes; one who gives credit to other evidence than that of personal knowledge; one who is firmly persuaded in his own mind of the truth or existence of something: as, a believer in ghosts.
- n. An adherent of a religious faith; in a more restricted sense, a Christian; one who exercises faith in Christ.
- n. In the early church, a baptized layman, in contradistinction to the clergy on the one hand, and to the catechumens, who were preparing for baptism, on the other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who has religious faith
- n. a supporter who accepts something as true
That's why I was using the term believer in my comments.
"Have I not heard you often say, the wickeder any man was the better, provided he was what you call a believer?"
Every believer is just as fervent as you Ranger2, and just as convinced of the sanctity of their dogma.
Grace, for the Christian believer, is a transformation that depends in large part on knowing yourself to be seen in a certain way: as significant, as wanted.
That is a very disturbing video, If you are not a born again believer in Jesus Christ you do serve satan.
I'd like to say though that death for a believer is never the end!
The prayer of a mature believer is an expression of trust in a loving father.
The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
As a believer from the outset in free and legal MP3s, I obviously have no sympathy for those who have chosen to download a lot of music illegally, but I also have no patience for record companies who choose only to see that behavior as reprehensible rather than try to understand the context and work to find a middle ground.
He is a true skin believer and people has spoken many times when he tries to screw himself and the labor.