from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A slanting surface or bevel on the edge of a cutting tool, such as a chisel.
- n. The upper, faceted portion of a cut gem, above the girdle and below the table.
- n. A groove or flange designed to hold a beveled edge, as of a watch crystal or a gem.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sloping edge or face on a cutting tool
- n. The oblique side or face of a cut gem; especially the upper faceted portion of a brilliant (diamond), which projects from its setting
- n. The rim and flange which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, such as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set; the collet.
- n. The panel that covers the front of a computer case, or the panel covering each drive bay that can be removed to install a removable drive that requires external access, such as a CD/DVD-ROM drive, which usually has its own preinstalled bezel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The rim which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To grind to an edge; cut to a sloping edge; bevel.
- n. The slope at the edge of a cutting-tool, as a chisel or plane. It is generally single, but sometimes double.
- n. The oblique side or face of a gem; specifically, one of four similarly situated four-sided facets on the top or crown of a brilliant, which are sometimes called templets. See cut under brilliant.
- n. In jewelry: That part of the setting of a precious stone which incloses it and by which it is held in place.
- n. A flat surface of gold engraved with any device to serve as a seal, when a stone is not used. See chaton.
- n. In watch-making, the grooved flange or rim in which the crystal of a watch is set.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sloping edge on a cutting tool
The kindle could be more sleek if the bezel is thinner and allow more room for bigger screen.
The bezel is 45 mm in diameter and the entire case is made of light weight Titanium.
Fitted into the hole like a jewel in a bezel was a smaller volume, about the size of a small chapbook, bound in white leather with the title printed in gilded Latin letters.
Forty-two diamonds encircle the bezel, which is the edge of the ringâ ™ s face, and two larger football-shaped diamonds are on each side of the bezel.
The bezel is a little thinner, too, making for a noticeably smaller top surface area.
Instead of physical buttons, the PlayBook takes advantage of a half-inch touch-sensitive border, called a bezel, that runs around the front screen like a photo frame.
Its an incredible watch with the original coin bezel, tritnite
Its an incredible watch with the original coin bezel, tritnite Drag to Playlist
(The bezel is a good place to put your thumbs when you're holding the iPad, so you can keep a solid grip without interfering with the touchscreen.)
The silver-tone bezel, which is rimmed in subtle gold-tone for an elegant contrast, and the