from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An older brother.
- n. A man who assumes the role of an older brother, as by providing guidance or protection.
- n. An omnipresent, seemingly benevolent figure representing the oppressive control over individual lives exerted by an authoritarian government.
- n. A state, organization, or leader regarded in this manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sibling's older brother used especially by children or by parents in speaking to their children.
- n. Alternative form of Big Brother.
Sense 3, after Big Brother, a character in the novel 1984 by George Orwell.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.