from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Something of great importance or consequence.
- noun An important person.
- interjection Used ironically to indicate that something is unimportant or unimpressive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic Something very
important, difficult, or of concern.
- interjection idiomatic, sarcastic Indicates that something is not important or impressive;
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an important influential person
- noun anything of great importance or consequence
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.