from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something of great importance or consequence: made a big deal out of getting there on time; losing one penny was no big deal.
- n. An important person: She was a big deal in local politics.
- interj. Used ironically to indicate that something is unimportant or unimpressive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something very important, difficult, or of concern.
- interj. Indicates that something is not important or impressive; so what.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an important influential person
- n. anything of great importance or consequence
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Charlie was delighted because Kliner is such a big deal in the county.
Great, now Darci would make a big deal about Tink's amulet, too.
Tolliver made a big deal out of answering it casually, but I could see that he was tense.
Our driver, Mr. Kellhorn, was notorious for his erratic timing, though, showing up at various times between 7: 22 and 7: 29, which might not sound like a big deal to adults, but for kids hoping to avoid having their underwear winched into their asses, it was a horror.
I read online somewhere that Make$ might be signing a big deal real soon with Platinum Records.
From the amount of information Zoey had gleaned on the Internet this morning, Gina Jefferson was a big deal in New Orleans, a woman who worked behind the scenes rather than in front, but who had gained recognition for her efforts supporting the mentally ill.
Crushing the Vikings would have been a big deal for the Toltecs, victory over blond, bearded giants with their fearsome weapons of iron.
He did remember they'd made a big deal about his tridoctorum degree including neural physiology along with astrophysics and tech design, and there did seem to be a fair amount of neural data in the Institute's files.
Rivera was clinging to a single, micro-thin strand of hope: the second suitcase, the one that Masterson had made such a big deal about back at the trailer.
Retitling is no big deal and can be done by a combination of your: