from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Water that collects and stagnates in the bilge of a ship.
- n. Slang Nonsense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. water which collects in the bilge or bottom of a ship or other vessel. It is often allowed to remain till it becomes very offensive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, water which enters a ship and lies upon her bilge or bottom. If allowed to remain, it acquires an offensive penetrating smell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. water accumulated in the bilge of a ship
- n. pretentious or silly talk or writing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.