from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disadvantage or inconvenience. See Synonyms at disadvantage.
- n. A refund or remittance, such as a discount on duties or taxes for goods destined for reexport.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A disadvantage; something that detracts or takes away.
- n. A partial refund of an import fee, as when goods are re-exported from the country that collected the fee.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A loss of advantage, or deduction from profit, value, success, etc.; a discouragement or hindrance; objectionable feature.
- n. Money paid back or remitted; especially, a certain amount of duties or customs, sometimes the whole, and sometimes only a part, remitted or paid back by the government, on the exportation of the commodities on which they were levied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any loss of advantage or impairment of profit, value, success, or satisfaction; a discouragement or hindrance; a disadvantage.
- n. Money or an amount paid back; usually, a certain amount of duties or customs dues paid back or remitted to an importer when he exports goods that he has previously imported and paid duty on, as, for instance, tobacco, or a certain amount of excise paid back or allowed on the exportation of home manufactures. Abbreviated dbk.
- n. In iron-founding, a loose piece in a mold. In brass-founding such a piece is called a false core.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pull back or move away or backward
- v. use a surgical instrument to hold open (the edges of a wound or an organ)
- n. the quality of being a hindrance
The main drawback is that the lawn could sink as the old turf rots, so you need to build it up a little higher than you might otherwise, to allow for shrinkage.
I did one a few years back and the main drawback is the cheesy driveline that is under an S-10.
"Their main drawback is that they are two-thirds of a mile apart."
Their main drawback is that they are two-thirds of a mile apart.
The main drawback is that they remain separate to my Quicken accounts.
Their main drawback is they're small, so the bun dwarfs them.
The main drawback is that it makes Internet operations very, very slow.
The main drawback is cost -- you have to take it every day.
The main drawback is when there is an awesome discussion going on and you haven't read the book yet!
Titanium's main drawback is its cost, which explains why Remington's new Titanium 700 is priced significantly higher than the less