from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law An itemization of charges, claims, or counterclaims in an action.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A written statement or specification of the particulars of the demand for which an action at law is brought, or of a defendant's set-off against such demand, furnished by one of the parties to the other, either voluntarily or in compliance with a judge's order for that purpose.
- n. A written statement or specification of the charges made against a defendant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a detailed statement of the items of a plaintiff's demand in an action, or of the defendant's set-off.
- n. See under Bill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the particular events to be dealt with in a criminal trial; advises the defendant and the court of the facts the defendant will be required to meet
Sorry, no etymologies found.