from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A preparation that is synthesized from living organisms or their products, especially a human or animal protein, such as a hormone or antitoxin, that is used as a diagnostic, preventive, or therapeutic agent.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or relating to biology.
- adjective related by blood; -- of parents and children; -- contrasted with
adoptive, adopted, or foster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to
- adjective Pertaining to a living or a once-living
- noun An extremely complex drug, vaccine or antitoxin that is made from a living organism, or from products of a living organism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective pertaining to biology or to life and living things
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.