from The Century Dictionary.
- To search for birds' nests or their eggs: as to go birds'-nesting.
- noun A name popularly given to several plants, from some suggestion of a bird's nest in their form or manner of growth.
- noun Same as
- noun plural An article of commerce between Java and China, consisting of the gelatinous brackets which the swifts of the family Cypselidæ and genus Collocalia attach to cliffs, and on which they build their nests.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The nest in which a bird lays eggs and hatches her young.
- noun (Cookery) The nest of a small swallow (
Collocalia nidificaand several allied species), of China and the neighboring countries, which is mixed with soups.
- noun (Bot.) An orchideous plant with matted roots, of the genus Neottia (
- noun a pudding containing apples whose cores have been replaced by sugar.
- noun a plant, the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun nest where birds lay their eggs and hatch their young
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.