from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See sour gum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tree native to eastern North America, Nyssa sylvatica.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an American tree, the tupelo or pepperidge. See Tupelo.
- n. See under Black, Blue, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A North American tree, Nyssa multiflora, 40 to 70 feet high, bearing a dark-blue berry.
- n. The water-tupelo, Nyssa biflora, a tree inhabiting wet ground along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
- n. Eucalyptus stellulata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. columnar tree of eastern North America having horizontal limbs and small leaves that emerge late in spring and have brilliant color in early fall
- n. a small mallee with rough dark-colored bark toward the butt; yields a red eucalyptus kino gum
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.