from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An eastern North American tree (Juglans nigra) having dark brown wood and a deeply furrowed nut enclosed in a globose aromatic husk.
- noun The wood of this tree, used especially for veneer, cabinets, furniture, and gunstocks.
- noun The nut of this tree, having an edible kernel.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun North American walnut tree with hard dark wood and edible nut
- noun American walnut having a very hard and thick woody shell
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.