from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A signed check with no amount to be paid filled in.
- noun Total freedom of action; carte blanche.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun US A signed
checkof the type used to draw moneyfrom a bank accountcontaining no information as to the amount to be paid with it.
- noun US A grant of complete
authorityto spend an unlimitedamount of money, or to take other actions without restraint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a check that has been signed but with the amount payable left blank
- noun freedom to do as you see fit
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word blank check.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.