from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A name for the blue titmouse, Parus cœruleus. Also called
- noun In botany, same as
- noun A name given to the soldiery of Scotland when it was a separate kingdom, from the color of their bonnets; also, any Scotchman: generally as two words. Also
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A broad, flat Scottish cap of blue woolen, or one wearing such cap; a Scotchman.
- noun (Bot.) A plant. Same as
- noun (Zoöl.) The European blue titmouse (
Parus cœruleus); the bluecap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun low-growing annual herb of southwestern United States (Texas) having silky foliage and blue flowers; a leading cause of livestock poisoning in the southwestern United States
- noun a brimless dark blue Scottish cap with a flat top and a plume on one side
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.