from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A stock that sells at a high price because of public confidence in its long record of steady earnings.
- noun An extremely valuable asset or property.
- noun Games A blue poker chip of high value.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A high
- noun A
stockor other investmentthat has a highprice because of its perceived reliability.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a common stock of a nationally known company whose value and dividends are reliable; typically have high price and low yield
- noun a blue poker chip with the highest value
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.