from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area, as in a building or on a ship, that houses one or more steam boilers or hot-water tanks.
- n. Informal A room staffed with telemarketers who use illegal or high-pressure sales tactics to sell stock, commodities, or land, for example.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A room in a building that houses the boiler(s) and similar equipment.
- n. A compartment on a steamship that houses the boiler.
- n. A room full of telemarketers making cold calls.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.