from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Made or carried out in good faith; sincere.
- adjective Authentic; genuine: synonym: authentic.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In or with good faith; without fraud or deception; with sincerity; genuinely: frequently used as a compound adjective in the sense of honest; genuine; not make-believe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- In or with good faith; without fraud or deceit; real or really; actual or actually; genuine or genuinely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective In
Genuine; not counterfeit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective not counterfeit or copied
- adjective undertaken in good faith
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin bonā fidē : bonā, feminine ablative of bonus, good + fidē, ablative of fidēs, faith.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From the Latin bonā fidē (“in good faith”) which is the ablative of bona fidēs (“good faith”).
Sorry, no example sentences found.