from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Made or carried out in good faith; sincere.
- adjective Authentic; genuine: synonym: authentic.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In or with good faith; without fraud or deception; with sincerity; genuinely: frequently used as a compound adjective in the sense of honest; genuine; not make-believe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- In or with good faith; without fraud or deceit; real or really; actual or actually; genuine or genuinely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective In
Genuine; not counterfeit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective not counterfeit or copied
- adjective undertaken in good faith
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin bonā fidē : bonā, feminine ablative of bonus, good + fidē, ablative of fidēs, faith.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From the Latin bonā fidē (“in good faith”) which is the ablative of bona fidēs (“good faith”).
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.