from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The atonement, compensation, amends, satisfaction, expiation; as, manbote, a compensation for a man slain.
- n. A payment of any kind
- n. A privilege or allowance of necessaries, especially in feudal times.
- n. A right to take wood from property not one's own.
- n. repairs
- n. advantage, benefit, profit, cure, remedy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Compensation; amends; satisfaction; expiation.
- n. Payment of any kind.
- n. A privilege or allowance of necessaries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Help; aid; relief; salvation; remedy in illness; boot (which see). Specifically
- n. In old law: Compensation, as for an injury; amends; satisfaction; a payment in expiation of an offense: as, man-bote, a compensation for a man slain.
- n. A privilege or allowance of necessaries for repair or support; estovers: as, house-bote, enough wood to repair a house or for fuel; plow-bote, cart-bote, wood for making or repairing instruments of husbandry; hay-bote or hedge-bote, wood for hedges or fences, etc.
- n. Middle English preterit of bite.
- A Middle English form of but.
- n. The Japanese name of a deep-bodied shiner of the family Cyprinidœ, Acheilognathus rhombeus, found in the waters of Japan. Also known as tabira.
Dr. Holder described a typical "bote" of the Absaroke tribe in the New York Medical
Now another passage in this same fifth volume, p. 468., leads me to believe that this relic really was, and therefore the word 'bote' simply means, a boot.
If she wrote a letter, perhaps she also "bote" her tongue.
The only question is whether enough Democrats will bote to debate the issue.
Tu poesÃa, Parra, ha sobrevivido aquel bote que remaste -
Em época de crise, onde as oportunidades de trabalho e negócios minguam, a mesquinhez humana aguça preconceitos numa “ética de bote salva-vidas”, onde a regra é: eu me salvo, você, não!
Romans 16: 18-20 (in Context) Romans 16 (Whole Chapter) Therefore, Christians should be bote aware & wise about the practice of Witchcraft.
April 17, 2010 at 7:50 am dey showd teh Melboyrn paddulbote mubee “Awl teh Rivaz Run” awn aor toor awf teh grate oshun rode. wi had bote sene et befour, akshullee.
April 28, 2010 at 5:13 pm yu adn mi bote. nauw, nawt soe musch.
Ai hab hurd tehy get teh terra-wrists tooristz nd maik tehm sit daon nd peddlol liek a peddlol bote !