from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A fish or other animal that feeds on the bottom of a body of water.
- noun One that feeds low on the food chain; a scavenger.
- noun An opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others.
- noun A low or despicable person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A fish or other aquatic creature who
feedsoff the bottomof their habitat; a flatfish
- noun By extension A person who dwells amidst or thrives off of the unwholesome things in a society
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.