from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Liable to break or to be broken. See Synonyms at fragile.
- n. An article that can be broken easily: We put the breakables away before the toddlers arrived.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be broken
- adj. Fragile
- n. Something that is (easily) breakable.
- n. A set of customized hardware that is part of a drum kit. Breakables typically consist of: the drummer's cymbals including high-hats, the snare drum, the kick pedal and the drummer's stool.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being broken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being broken.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an article that is fragile and easily broken
- adj. capable of being broken or damaged
Sachin Tendulkar says record ODI score is 'breakable'
Sachin Tendulkar says record ODI score is 'breakable' media lined up on Thursday to shower the "God" Sachin Tendulkar with front-page tributes and predict the record-shattering batsman was not finished yet.
The shells were just 1. 1mm thick - more typical of birds one third the size - and were far more "breakable" than the eggs of any of the 3,434 bird species measured to date.
But don't beat yourself up when things go wrong; a child is less "breakable" than you might think.
As final art progressed, dynamic elements such as breakable and/or interactive elements were identified.
Plastics of the time were hard, brittle and smelly, prone to leaks and easily breakable.
But at the same time, obviously there are stores with breakable items that I frequent regularly WITH MY BABY.
He stumbled forward three steps and caught her up, so fragile, so breakable, in his arms and hugged her.
Hustling around, people wear scarves and navy coats and buy easily breakable umbrellas at the entrances to metro stations.
“I can manage without any help,” she insisted, feeling brittle and breakable.