from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A commissioned rank in the US Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above colonel and below major general.
- noun One who holds this rank.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Mil.) An officer in rank next above a colonel, and below a major general. He commands a brigade, and is sometimes called, by a shortening of his title, simple a
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun military A military
officerwho commands a brigade.
- noun US, military A one star
- noun military A military rank between
coloneland the second lowest general rank or major general, having an O7 NATO rank scale equivalency
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a general officer ranking below a major general
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.