from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small crustaceans of the genus Artemia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An aquatic crustacean of the taxonomic order Artemia, one species of which is often marketed under the name Sea-Monkey as a novelty gift.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a phyllopod crustacean of the genus Artemia, inhabiting the strong brines of salt works and natural salt lakes. See Artemia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small bran-chiopodous crustacean, Artemia salina, found in brackish water and in brine. See Artemia. Also called brine-worm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common to saline lakes
Sorry, no etymologies found.