from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A heavy, driver-operated machine for clearing and grading land, usually having continuous treads and a broad hydraulic blade in front.
  • n. An overbearing person; a bully.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. one who bulldozes
  • n. A self-identified group of white US Southerners who colluded to influence outcomes of post-Reconstruction elections by intimidating, coercing and bullying black voters and legislators, including burning down houses and churches, flogging and murdering opponents. Also known as "regulators". Later used to describe anyone who intimidated or bullied in a similar manner.
  • n. A tractor with an attached blade for pushing earth and building debris for coarse preliminary surface grading, demolishing building structures, etc.
  • n. A bully, overbearing individual.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. One who bulldozes.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One who bulldozes; one who intimidates others by threats of violence.
  • n. A revolver.
  • n. A horizontal geared press for bending, shaping, forming, upsetting, and welding heavy bars, rods, and other metal Shapes.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. large powerful tractor; a large blade in front flattens areas of ground


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

Originally bull-dozer (1875, Louisiana, US); bulldoze +‎ -er



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.